Enroll students in our virtual series.
There are five stages through our career ideation series and participants (students) may visit multiple times.
- Self-discovery. Helping students know as much as they need to about transferable skills, personalities, lifestyle preferences, interests, and values.
- Expanding one’s career horizons. Students will be shown a framework and given a structure to help them gather and record detailed information in any career sector, industry or field that they may be interested in.
- Narrowing your career options. Students will be counselled career-wise, and academically. They will be given opportunities to meet and interact with role models, virtually or in person.
- Making the career decision. Students will be guided through the career decision process, and they will be encouraged to take support programs not only specific to a selected field, but also skills acquisition, and entrepreneurship among others as they explore.
- Exploring one’s career interest. Students will be introduced to a lineup of programs, volunteering opportunities, and career exhibitions in their cities. This segment will bridge theoretical knowledge with real-life opportunities and experiences.
The event organized by Gear-up was awesome, fantastic, and inspiring.
One of the most interesting parts of the event was the panel session. It was really encouraging to hear from different youthful adults how they got to be who they are now.
The fact that roads were not smooth for them; yet they passed through them to where they are today.
— Eniola, 2021
I learned about the steps important to take and consider when choosing a career path.
A big thank you to Gear-up for creating such a platform for teenagers to learn more about one’s career path.
— Grace, 2021
Emphasizes were placed on setting short goals that will get you to your ultimate goal, knowing your values, mental health and most importantly getting a mentor.
We did a little assessment and it turned out that I am a D person under D I S C and D stands for Dominant and Direct.
— Ayo, 2021
118 total views, 1 views today